Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Carys : Newborn Portait Photography

Carys (pronounced like Paris... only with a K-sounding C) is a sweet little chunk of baby goodness. :) Her parents live all the way out by Springfield, VA but they were home visiting and thanks to my never-ending blog and facebook presence, they thought of having me do a photo session for them during their stay.
I'm really glad they did... I think Carys is a great baby and her mommy is so beautiful and laid-back to boot! She said my favorite words... "Do whatever you like, you're the artist." Can't get much better than that!!!
So I had this idea to use the American flag in a couple pictures because it was close to the Fourth of July and it turned out that her daddy was in the military... so I can't wait to hear what he thinks of those images.
And our main objective, going into the session was to get some cute pictures of Carys in her baptismal gown and let's just say... it was gorgeous! They had a wonderfully talented gal create it out of leftover fabric from mom's wedding dress and the peachy colored panels are from grandma's wedding dress. Isn't that amazing? What an heirloom piece!
As for the rest of the session... that was spent just doing my traditional "style" of clean, simple "real.life" portraits.
Enjoy!
Rebecca




2 comments:

  1. Rebecca,
    I LOVE these photos!!!! I can't wait to see the rest of them! You do have a gift.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I second Mom's comment. Thank you so much, and we're really looking forward to seeing the rest!

    ReplyDelete