Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Grayson

I adore my work. I know I've said it before... I truely believe it is my calling. The key gift God gave me that he wants me to share with as many people as I can in this life I've been given.
So it makes me happy when I can give a gift of photography to a friend. Especially a friend in need.
Most recently I got to gift my photography to my friends Lynsie and Matt.

I've known Lynsie for about 6 years now. We met when I had a "real job" LOL!
I love her dearly and miss the days when we worked across the hall from each other and had lunches together and all that good stuff... but we've both moved on to bigger and better things since ... she married the love of her life... Matt... and I felt so blessed when they hired me to take their wedding portraits. We had so much fun and their album turned out just beautiful.
Fast forward three years later and Matt and Lynsie are expecting the birth of their first child in April... Well, this little guy had plans of his own!
After going in for a regular 28 week checkup, it was brought to their attention that her blood pressure was very high and she was admitted to the hospital and soon transferred to Rochester after being diagnosed with the most severe form of pre-eclampsia.
Well, that was Tuesday and by Friday, Lynsie and Matt had a beautiful and tiny, yet pretty healthy baby boy - all things considered! He was named Grayson Charles and I think he's as cute as a button!
I was able to take some portraits of Lynsie and Grayson together the first chance I got and was able to use them to design a beautiful birth announcement at their request.
I was just over visiting again on Monday and he is doing so well and has grown so much! He's up to three and a half lbs now and he is just such a miracle. I can't wait to go see them again. (I can't believe I didn't bring my camera last time! But sometimes it's good not to have that thing permanently attached!) :)
I even got a chance to hold him on Monday. I think I must have been the proudest friend in the world. My friend Lynsie is handling this all so well. She continues to amaze me with her strength and faith.
I would also like to mention that her hubby, Matt is in the National Guard and has served our country on two tours over in the Middle East and he needs to be given a big THANK YOU for that and his dedication to keeping our freedom and defending our country.
He is also a great writer and has been keeping up their Caring Bridge journal with the true dedication of a military man! :)
What an amazing couple and what a journey their lives have been so far and I look forward to watching Grayson grow into the little charmer that I know he will be.
I am blessed to have them in my life.
Love,
Becca




I was so appreciative when I read this on their Caring Bridge journal!

No comments:

Post a Comment