Friday, February 5, 2010

Megan & Ryan

I tell you what, if I was into bio-engineering and had the ability to clone any of my customers, I think Megan and Ryan would be at the top of my list! :) LOL!
They are really, a perfect example of my ideal wedding clients. Ryan was in a wedding I photographed last summer and Megan was also there as a guest. They have witnessed me, first-hand in my element working. Not trying to impress them, in particular, just doing what I do... as a professional.
Then they got to experience viewing their friends proofs on my website and see a "whole" wedding, not just a few of the best shots and then they also got to view the finished album design once that was posted as well. And that, my friends, is the way to choose your wedding photographer! :)
It's just that anyone can put together an awesome website these days, buy a cool template, photograph a few family and friends and then start a blog posting a few random shots and short blurbs to make people think you are "in demand".
Unfortunately, I'm one of those brides who made the mistake of hiring someone I didn't really know and it didn't turn out the best. ( I KNOW! You'd think, me, of all people would get it right!) Needless to say, my wedding day memories are a blur - like most brides - but I don't have photographs of all the fun stuff, the details and emotions to fill in the blanks.
So, take it from me... whatever you do, if you're looking for a wedding photographer. Take the time to really get to know them, their personality, etc. If you've got a deposit down and you hate your engagement photos... it might be best if you just cut your losses and invest a little more in someone better.
It's one of those days you will NEVER get back and photographs are really all you have left after the flowers are wilted, the dress is dirty, and the cake has been eaten.
Take my word for it!
(okay I'm off my soapbox now)
Enjoy these two little lovebirds, they are so photogenic!
Becca






1 comment: