Friday, February 12, 2010

Creativity - More than words

Okay, so the way I see it... everyone who chooses a boutique photography studio experience over any other option is usually doing it because they want a high-quality, unique product.
Fortunately, knowing what I do about building a brand aiming for this kind of reputation... I know that it's not enough to just say I'm creative. I need to constantly be showing my friends and customers that I am.
I try to do this frequently by showcasing new images/products/designs that I've created on the blog here. Well... Lately this habit might have gotten a little carried away! LOL!
It all started Tuesday when I was inspired by a little snippet in Better Homes & Gardens magazine where I saw a cute craft using cupcake liners. I kind of got totally in my "creative zone" wanting to use this idea for Collin's Valentine's Day cards for his little buddies at daycare.
Needless to say, I spent a good 5 hours, prob 6 when you factor in a little shopping time! I know, I know... but I've gotta say that I didn't spend that much. I used a bunch of scrapbooking paper that I'd bought in the past and never really had a use for. And the photos I just printed out on my own laser printer.
I also packaged up some mini cupcakes and cookies to go along with the cards... what do you think? Aren't they just adorable???
I totally love to do crafty projects and I'm TOTALLY taking advantage of this time before Collin can tell me that he wants some store-bought Thomas the Train valentines for his friends... I'm guessing if I asked, that's probably what he'd choose! :)
Ahh, next year will be a different story I'm afraid. But that's a good thing. Maybe I'll spend those five hours next year doing something even better... like SLEEP! Ha ha!
Love,
Becca

The assembly line... yes, I did this last night after Collin went to bed at 9:30

Plenty for all his little friends...

Four different pictures in the flowers... because who can pick just one!?

The cute little mini cupcakes and cookies that went along with the cards

All packaged up cute with zebra tissue and red yarn.

I think this reveals more about my personality than you can imagine! :)
P.S. I'm not doing this to impress people, although I do like to create works of art that evoke emotion and have impact... No, it's more than that. I TRUELY love gifting people beautiful works from my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment