Thursday, December 3, 2009

Aarin and Matthew

I love taking photos of these cute little boys. Their mom used to do professional photography and I know that she's perfectly capable of getting some great shots on her own, so I appreciate it all the more that she books sessions with me at my studio.
I know just how hard it can be to do a "session" with your own child. Usually they last, um... say, 5 minutes! :) And you're lucky to get one or two good shots and they're done.
When it's someone else directing them that's not mom, they seem to be a little more tolerant... funny how that works. LOL!
I totally believe in going to other professional photographers for my own family photos. It's so worth the money. Lots of people think I can do it myself, with a tripod... but what they haven't realized is that it's the interaction between the person running the camera and the subjects that makes for those amazing images. You just can't get the right expressions beyond the "cheese" smiles.
This past year we drove an hour and a half to meet our photographers from Kalona, IA in Waverly for our family photos and I ADORE the images Heidi and Troy from Studio U made for us. In fact, they're supposed to be coming today!!! I can't wait!!!
Back to these adorable boys... here are a few of my favorites from their session. I can't believe how much they've changed since I took their pictures last December.
Enjoy!
Rebecca








No comments:

Post a Comment