Sunday, May 18, 2008

More Building!



I'm happy to say that even though the weather was absolutely beautiful last Thursday... I was lucky enough to have my husband working on my studio! :) And not just him, but his two employees as well! How do I rate???!! Pretty good I guess!
They took out the garage door and framed in the front wall and doorway. They also framed in a assembly/storage room for me.
The next day they started on a new house... so he says I'm going to have to start doing my rain dance if I want to get any more done soon!
I'm just waiting for the front door that I picked out to come, and then hopefully I can sweet talk my brother-in-law to come do some electrical work for me! :)
Did I mention the first door I picked out was $2K??? Yeah, my husband wouldn't let me spend that much on a door. Boo hoo. I settled for one that was less than half of that... but it's still a beauty! :)
The guys at the lumber yard think I have pretty good taste! LOL! Wait till we get started on the house!! Then they'll really find out! HA

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations! Can't wait to see it done! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sure everyone in this day and age who is having a home renovated or a new house built has been informed by their builder the importance of hiring a licenced waterproofer, if not I will give you a brief run down on some issues that can occur. It all very well to spend time in the waterproofing industry learning how to install one system over and over, but to become a successful waterproofer you have to be sure you have completed research within the trade. For instance, have they thought about issues that may arise in the future which could cause the system to fail or create different problems. Gold Coast builder

    ReplyDelete