Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Professional Photographers of Iowa - Fall Conference

Last Sunday I went down to Des Moines to the PP of Iowa's Fall Conference to listen to some amazing speakers! My favorites were Bry Cox, Mindy Decker and Jaimy Yoder. Bry talked a lot about ways to be more creative and silence the "left" side of our brains. That's the side that's always judging the work we do... worrying about how technically perfect the image is, or if the client will buy it, and just let loose so that we can find something amazing!
Mindy and Jaimy are business partners that have a studio in Southern Iowa named Ovation Photography. They have come a long way in three years! Their images are so inspiring to me! Everyone they take pictures of looks good. They are creative marketers too, and taught us how to create facebook business pages... which, I had no clue how to do... even though I have my own personal profile.
I only wish I had a little more time to formulate a plan on how to use some of the new ideas I learned... as soon as I got back it was all about catching up on phone calls, emails and processing images. But I guess that's a good problem!!
Rebecca

No comments:

Post a Comment