Monday, May 24, 2010

Teething Bling by SmartMom Jewelry

Well, today I'm thinking about teeth... my wisdom teeth to be exact. I have an appointment this afternoon for a consultation to have them removed and - needless to say - I'm not looking forward to it! :(
So I was trying to figure out what I wanted to share on my blog today and I remembered these pictures I look last week of some jewelry I stumbled across during one of my wanderings across the wonderful worldwide web.
The jewelry is called Teething Bling and is created by a couple of moms (Kendra & Amy). Their site is www.smartmomjewelry.com if you'd like to check it out. They're also on Facebook under Teething Bling.
Teething Bling was inspired by babies who like to tug on their mom's jewelry. Stylish and beautiful, Teething Bling was designed for little ones to handle and chew. Made from the same material as many teething toys, the jewelry looks great on Moms, Grandmas and other caregivers but is safe for curious babies. Pretty and practical!
I responded to a tweet from them about baby models for upcoming marketing materials and got my samples in the mail soon after that. The pieces are perfect. The concept is so simple, and from a distance they look like stone-type pendant necklaces but they are perfect for that stage in a new mom's life where she usually gives up wearing jewelry unless she wants it to be destroyed! :) I know, I've been there!
The clasp at the back of the satin cord necklace is just a couple plastic pieces that fit together snugly, but if pulled hard - release easily so neither you or your necklace are injured when those little chubby hands latch on.
I had one of my favorite babies in this age range, Ava, come into the studio to model the pieces for me to share with SmartMom.
Hope they enjoy!
Becca





No comments:

Post a Comment