Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Wally : One Year Old : Child Portrait Session

Well, I know a few women who are anxiously awaiting these pictures and I'm honestly shocked that they haven't emailed me a "I know you're really busy, but I was just wondering when you thought the pictures might be ready" - type of email! :)
I love those! Although I do appreciate those who wait patiently and silently as well! ;) I just don't mind the little notes to see if they've missed my email or something. It is proof that they are truly excited and know that they are going to like what they see.
I am going to share a few from a session today that started with a gift certificate a friend of mine purchased for her sister's baby shower about a year ago. Her sister lives up by the Twin Cities, but my friend has always been passionate about how much she loves my photography and so I was really looking forward to capturing her nephew for her.
I admit I was hoping at first to get to do his newborn session, but life speeds by so fast those first few weeks and it would have been pretty hard to get a newborn (preferrably 10 days or younger) down to the studio... so I was thrilled when I found out they were saving the certificate for the landmark "One Year" session.
I think those two sessions are two of the most important in a young child's life for the parents to capture and treasure the images because now I know just how fleeting those times and memories are! (Collin has taught me so much!) :) The newborn captures their smallness, newness and lets us get really creative with props, settings and what we want to decorate their nursery and our home... then the one year session captures their personality, facial expressions and it's all about them and what they want to do... and they're great for decorating your home and using for birthday invites or holiday cards/gifts.
Anyhow, back to Wally. Isn't that just the cutest name??? It's short for Walden. How stinking adorable is that? I love it.
So this little cutie wasn't giving us all that many smiles it seemed. But now that I look at the images I realize just how many great expressions he really gave us. They run the whole range of emotions from serious to silly to smiley.
Can't wait to hear their reactions!!!
Enjoy!
Becca





No comments:

Post a Comment