Monday, March 22, 2010

My new little toy... (not for my professional work! LOL!)

Today, I was thinking I could share with you a little bit about the new point and shoot camera I recently purchased. I know lots of people ask me about what I use for my professional camera, but what about when I just want to take some snapshots on the go? I definitely don't want to lug around my digital SLR all the time!
So, I admit, I tend to be kind of frugal when it comes to my cameras... I like to get my money's worth out of them before I get a new one. Granted, by the time I've had it for a year I usually want to upgrade, but I hold out because I know there will always be a newer, better model announced again before long.
Just last month, my Sony Cybershot W290. It's got 12.1 Megapixels (plenty of room for enlargements) and 5x Optical Zoom (way better than digital zoom). Now that I've had it for a couple weeks I'm getting the hang of the layout (being a full fledged Canon girl in the past).
I love the cute design. I picked the blue one and it's a really pretty jewel tone. It's not all that light, but I don't mind that because it feels really solid. Like it could take a beating that a two year old could dish out - if you know what I mean!
One of my favorite things is how responsive it is. Powering on takes no time at all, and focusing and storing the image are even faster. I always hated it when I pressed the shutter a little too soon and didn’t get the shot I wanted and having to wait (even if it was only a second or so) LOL! Also, this one doesn’t have a very long delay after you hit the button and when it actually takes the image. I’ll admit, there is still a tiny delay… but I only notice it because I have been spoiled by my SLR for sure!
Well, that’s all for today, enjoy!
Becca

No comments:

Post a Comment