Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Good Deeds

This week has been flying by and I'd like to take a second to share with you a few good deeds I've done lately. I am a firm believer in the philosophy that the more you give, the more you receive (not that it's your reason for giving... but that just seems to be what usually happens)... So I'm sharing the love lately.
The first group I'm helping out is an organization called “Hope’s Angels” that grew out of an idea by Northwood resident Kim Koenigs as a way to reach out to mothers with children who have left abusive marriages. Rather than give money, volunteers provide services that may be needed, from a home-cooked meal to help with odd jobs. A local church has offered handmade quilts for mothers and their children. Other individuals have offered to provide hair styling and to prepare meals. I am planning on donating my photography services to these moms. I believe everyone deserves beautiful memories of their children.
Secondly, I will be giving St. Theodore Catholic School a donation for their live auction to be held this Saturday, April 17th at 6:30pm. This annual event helps raise funds to help support this great school. The item featured from my studio will be on the live auction and is an On-location Session and 20x30 Canvas Gallery Wrap. This donation has a total value of $720. I really hope it raises a good amount of money for the school.
Lastly, I am donating my services to the Humane Society of Albert Lea. This opportunity to give back came to me from one of my Pet Model participants. On a quarterly basis (as my schedule allows) I hope to continue to photograph some of the pets that need to find homes. I already took photos of several of them last week and I'm excited to share their pictures with you. To be totally honest, I got a little nervous when I saw the pitbulls since they have such a bad rap, but they were both very sweet dogs! I couldn't believe how well behaved they were, they all kenneled easily and weren't wild at all. Feel free to contact the Humane Society at (507) 377-8501 if you think you'd like to adopt one of these cuties into your family.
Hopefully, these new, updated portraits will help these guys find new homes faster!
Enjoy,
Becca




No comments:

Post a Comment