Thursday, April 1, 2010

Spring Cleaning + Couch for Sale!

Good morning! What a beautiful day! I am excited to share more with you about my project to Throw Out Fifty Things based off the book by Gail Blanke that I blogged about on Monday.
I have been getting lots of compliments from my mother-in-law who thinks my house has never looked better!
Anyhow, on to our task at hand. We start with your bedroom. When you walk in, what do you see? How do you feel? Throw out anything that doesn't make you feel relaxed and comfortable. Bedrooms should be havens.
Don't just move stuff around, actually get rid of it. Remember, if it makes you feel good just to keep it (positive emotional attachment) then keep it, regardless of whether or not you will use it again... but be bold!
Your aim is to create not merely a "tidy" life, but to clarify who we are and what's important now... and answer "What the heck am I doing here?" Pretty deep stuff for cleaning out your bedroom, I know! But if you read the book you will understand. She explains how holding on to clothes that aren't really your style anymore has a way of keeping you in the past and not living in the present.
One more thing... a direct quote from Gail... "you've got to catch yourself, too, if as you go through this process you beat yourself up about how you should have done it sooner or better. We're here now. And we're doing it now. And it turns out that now is exactly the right time."
Powerful stuff! LOVE IT.
Well, hope you're finding this interesting. I know it's not my regular posts about how cute peoples kids are that I'm photographing, but this seemed really important and timely to me right now... being the season for spring cleaning and all. Plus, I want this blog to give you a better idea of who I am, not merely what I do.
Have a great day and an amazing Easter weekend!
Becca
P.S. I have a pretty nice couch I'm selling for $10. :) That's right. Ten bucks! Just want to get it sold, so call, email or forward this info on to someone who might be interested. (It's big and comfy and has a hide-a-bed)

No comments:

Post a Comment